Tuesday, May 17, 2011
National Pack Rat Day
Today is Pack Rat Day. 'Cmon, admit it... .. you're a Pack Rat like the rest of us. If you are a Pack Rat, you're in good company. You might as well come out of hiding behind those piles of valuable "stuff", and celebrate this fun day.
Its really easy to let things pile up. After all, each item you acquire along the road of life may have value or serve some meaningful purpose. 'Ya just never know. Making the decision to discard something of even remotely questionable value, is difficult, if not impossible to do. We understand you perfectly. Why? Because most of us are pack rats.
In keeping with the intent of Pack Rat Day, here are some Do's and Don't's:
* Don't clean your room, basement, garage or any other area today.
* Don't discard anything today...It may be valuable.
* Don't even empty the trash today. You might have accidentally thrown out something useful.
* Do keep an eye out for useful stuff being discarded by others.
* Do go to garage and rummage sales. They can be pack rat gold mines.
* Do look around your belongings and be thankful for what you have.
* Do spend time thinking of uses for your things. Justification for saving is satisfying.
Got some other Do's and Don't's? Email us!